Today’s the big reveal day for the Fiberactions challenge group. The theme for this challenge was “communication”and here’s my quilt:
The silk was painted using Jacquard dye-na-flow paint. Once it was dry and heat set I used Mistyfuse to fuse it to some batting to give it some stability and make it easier to thread paint on. I used black Mistyfuse to fuse it to the batting and the color of the pigment in the black Mistyfuse shows through on the lighter painted areas of the silk:
I think it adds a nice surface detail and some nice dimensional detail to the silk.
The thread sketch image was done using a photo of me and my husband walking hand in hand. I took a photo and traced the image onto some tracing paper and then used that as my stitching guide.
Make sure to check out all the other quilts being posted on the Fiberactions blog